Monday, August 9, 2010

Cabin Trips

So this last weekend, we went to my parents cabin. We met Eric and Lisa there, and then Matt and Emily were just a couple hours after that. We all sat by the fire talking, when what do we see? A little 2 x 2 buck. Just chilling, eating his grass. Wasn't even phased by us. Then roughly a half hour later, some horses charged us (really, they were just running near-by) but it definitely sounded like they were coming after us. Naturally, we all jumped and had minor heart attacks. No big deal. After that, we were ready to go inside. It was kind of chilly, because it had been raining. Well, we got inside, and the games began. We played Nerts until 3 AM. Needless to say, my sleeping pattern was ruined. I've been up until 12 or 1 since Friday night. Justin isn't too happy about it.
Anyway, Saturday morning rolls around and we have the door open and the windows open to allow a breeze and keep it cool inside. WELL. It FELT like it was 5 in the morning, but a darn rooster starts crowing! OVER AND OVER! I thought I was going to kill me a chicken. I was way tired. Well, we got up, had some breakfast, and then we went on a nice drive to upper Joe's Valley. It was raining and very muddy. It was a lot of fun, and our jeep got really dirty. Justin, I think, has finally satisfied that ever-burning urge to go four-wheeling. We went off the trail on this road that was COMPLETELY mud. The jeep was all over the place, and Justin was quite worried. Matt, Emily, and myself all got a really good laugh out of it. We made it to the end of the trail, just in time to run into Shane and Ashley. What are the odds?! The trail is roughly an hour long, maybe longer, and they were right behind us. Kind of funny to be waiting to turn around and Ashley's head pokes out, waving and smiling at us =)
Once we got back to the cabin, we watched a movie, ate, and then the Smith's and the Newman's left. Justin and I had the cabin to ourselves! It was really nice to have our friends there, but it was also nice to be alone. =) We made our dinner, and just sat by the fire and talked. We got attacked by the biggest beetle I've ever seen, but Justin was a man, and took care of that. We went inside not long after that and went to bed. Well, he went to bed. I played on my iPod. Sunday morning I made us some pancakes, and we relaxed and watched some movies. It was a lot of fun. We left just in time to make it to the Larson's house for some dinner. After that, we went to my parent's house to celebrate Jack's 4th birthday, Trevon's 10th birthday, and Lori's 30th birthday. YAY! It was pretty fun. I love spending time with our families. They both have so much to offer, and they're always so willing to offer it too. I hope they all know how much we love and appreciate them!

On an awesome note... I HAVE 3 MORE DAYS OF NANNYING! THREE! That's like.... 27 hours. Ohmyland. I can't even wait. THEN I'm back with my Jackson, right where I want to be. =)

2 comments:

Carrie and Jesse said...

You are a nerd. I miss you! I'm glad you guys are having fun. Hopefully we'll get to play the beginnng of next year. Keep your fingers crossed :)

Ash and Shane said...

I love all the crazy details I didn't get to hear about at dinner! Life sure is an adventure! I'm glad we ran into you too & more glad you didn't get stuck in the mud!