Friday, December 10, 2010

Holidays? Bring it on!

I am starting to feel the stress that is December. Starting next week, I have secret santa, family parties, work parties, secret santa visiting teaching style, weddings, bunco, white elephant/ham parties, and obviously holidays. Christmas Eve parties, Christmas Day visits, New Years Eve/Day parties..... Soooooooo needless to say, it's going to be interesting to see how it turns out.

Along with all these parties and what nots, I've applied for a new job. I really do love this job more than anything, but my brother in law informed me of a job at his work where they offer benefits, 401k, PTO, and an actual salary. At this point in time, I have to be more realistic than anything. Seeing how we're not insured... Benefits would be AH-MAZE-ING. It would definitely be a big weight off my shoulders. Always worrying about what if this happened, or what if that happened... and when your family has a history of kidney stones, and you yourself have had one.... yeah. Then there is Justin.... I don't even know what to do about him. Kidney diseases, back problems, he's just a big stressball. So, I applied, and I'm hoping to hear back from them soon. I guess that I didn't add my resume to the application online, even though I know I did... so I had to send it in again on Thursday. Oh well... fingers crossed!

Well, I hope everyone is having a great holiday so far! Happy shopping to those who have yet to finish. I'm done, but Justin is not. I told him that if he has to go out on Christmas Eve, he was going by himself, which he said that was okay with him because he'll be done faster. So, whatev.

I'm really excited for Christmas, because I got Justin an awesome present. I'm really excited to give it to him, and I think that he's going to love it. I've had it for a couple of months now. That's just how excited I was about this present. I think I'm a genius. I can't tell anyone what it is yet, seeing how Justin doesn't even know, and this could ruin it for him. If he chose to read it. Which he probably won't. BUT JUST IN CASE.

I had one of those moments where I was set on something, and couldn't think until I got it done. I told Justin that we needed stockings. So, I went out and bought some. Well, like a week later, I asked him to pull out my bin that has my Christmas books in it, and surprise! there were two stockings in there, that I had bought the year before. I laughed a lot more than Justin did. =)

Anyway... I'm going to try and update again before Christmas, but if I don't.... Thennnn....

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!

And in the occasion I don't update after that...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

4 comments:

Matt Chadwick said...

Haha! Benefits are good. Hopefully you get the job. As for the busy Holiday season, just try and enjoy it. Last year I made the mistake of getting caught up in the business of it all and lost sight of what was really important. Not this year!

Mikell said...

Hey Dec is a whirlwind of activities huh? Good thing they are fun! I love Dec, but it is a lot of work and a lot of stress. Good luck on the job, let me know! We are coming up over new years, what are you guys doing?

Kateka said...

Good luck on the job!

Ash and Shane said...

Hey if your not doing anything, you can come hang out over here with us!!! Maybe in January? And you know that if you have two extra stockings those are for the twins you'll have someday! Just hope they turn out like you & not Justin! j/k