Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Our Ultimate Vacation Spot

Justin and I both love love love Moab. I've been going there since I was little, and my family and I took Justin for his first time this year, and needless to say, he loved it. So right after we got back from the annual 4-Wheel Drive Trip, I convinced Justin that we needed a Jeep. So we got this bad boy....

So Justin has been itching to go back since we got it, which was in April. Or May. Sometime around there. So, originally we planned on going to Disneyland with the Greenwood's, which I was STOKED for, but after putting together all of the costs..... it wasn't going to happen. So, we asked Justin's parents if they wanted to go to Moab with us. They just got an X-Terra, so it was only logical. We went to Gemini Bridges, Arches (Delicate Arch), Secret Spire, Cliffhanger Arch, and other places. It was a lot of fun! We went to a few overlooks, and by all means, I can't remember everywhere that we went. Either way, it was all pretty and I loved it all. Here are more pictures -->
This is at Arches




This is Long Canyon Road, which was a wee bit rough, but has an awesome rock that you drive under, as shown above.




We definitely had a lot of fun. We got to spend a lot of time with Steve and Ann, which is always nice. We got some shirts and what nots while we were there.


And then when we got home, Justin had to wash his trophy off. It made him a little sad. And also cost $12. Honestly.

So that was our trip, in a nutshell.

THEN! On Saturday....

GASP! What could this be?!

Oh my land! What could live here?

Oh it's Auto! My guinea pig!

Yes, I got a guinea pig. He is super adorable. And very camera shy. He was kind of freaking out that I had a camera in his face... so maybe I'll get some more pictures of him later, when he's a little more comfortable. It's funny, because I got him on Saturday, and then BAM! Monday night, Christy gets a puppy. It's a great week for this household! I don't have any pictures of her Shorkie puppy yet, but don't you worry. I will.

So... I took some NyQuil, and I can tell it's starting to work, because I feel a bit like a zombie, and my eyes aren't focusing. So, I shall say goodnight.




2 comments:

Carrie and Jesse said...

Ginnie Pig's kind of freak me out. Except the one on bedtime stories. I hope yours is cute like that! Jesse's brother lives in Moab. We'll have to meet there sometime. I didn't know you were all jeeplike?... Did I ever tell you i'm obsessed with the bangs :)

Anonymous said...

My guinea pig is amazing, and he is very cute. Moab is really awesome, my family and I go every year. And now we've converted Justin to a Moab-lover as well. And thanks, I'm quite fond of my bangs =)