Monday, March 12, 2012

Best purchase ever!

 
This is the most amazing thing I have ever owned. 
Well, one of them. 
Another one being my husband. HAHA!

I got this awesome thing back in December. At first I was skeptical because I do love books, and I love owning them, but our space is limited, and I don't yet have the library I want. Which is this - 
 

So my parents got me a Kindle for Christmas, and it was love at first sight. I've already read thirteen books on it, and the thing that is so amazing about the Kindle is that most of the books that I've read are under $5. Some were even free! I've read everything from Sherlock Holmes, and Memoirs of the Walking Dead, to Oh, the Places You'll Go! complete with pictures and everything. 

I decided that because I still love books that I can hold in my hand and turn the pages, when I read a book that I absolutely love, I'll buy it. I may not buy it right away, but I have a list. Thank heaven for Good Reads because I don't know how I'd keep all the books I've read straight.

The other day I bought a recipe book and am QUITE excited to try some of them out. It's so nice having one location for those, and NOT having to find the book, and flip through the whole thing to find the right page, etc. I am NOT a fan of having lots of cookbooks. I won't look in them. :(

Something else that I just can't get enough of on my Kindle is Grid Detective which is a brain teaser where you have to find out the answers by the process of elimination on a grid (go figure).

All in all, I'd highly recommend this to someone who reads a lot, does a lot of puzzles, and maybe even likes to cook. It's got something for everyone! There are audio books you can listen to, you can have a book read to you (although I don't like that because you lose the emotion of what you're reading), and if you read crappy books, you don't have to shove them in your shelves! I like that from here on out (aside from children's books) my library is going to be ONLY books that I love. Only books that I want to read again. Only books that I want there.

3 comments:

Slim said...

You don't own me!

Unknown said...

You're cute. :)

The Allen Family said...

Totally agree. I have a tablet but same idea. It rocks. I want a library like on beautyand the beast. It might require a castle though!