Thursday, March 8, 2012

Return to sender, address unknown! No such number, no such zone!

(The title is in reference to a song, which is quite old, so I wouldn't be surprised if no one knew it, although it is Elvis, so if you don't know it, you should be ashamed!)

So, we moved! We got a new place, and are planning to be here for about 6 months. If our prayers are answered, when our lease is up, Justin will have a job offer, and we'll be moving on to bigger and better things! *fingers crossed, rabbits foot in pocket, salt over the shoulder....whatever else*

At the beginning of February, we started looking to see if there were any available apartments nearby. Oddly enough, one right close to home did! So we went and looked at it, and thought it was quite perfect for the two of us. That night, we applied and the next day, we were approved. I was SO excited. So we talked about it, and figured that things wouldn't fall into place so well if it wasn't meant to be. So we signed some papers, and got things in motion!

We got internet, power, ... and other stuff that I can't think of right now, and viola! Here we are! We moved in last Thursday, and are slowly unpacking everything. Which speaking of, WHERE did we get all this stuff?! I swear, our things got together and multiplied and replenished, because WOW. I didn't realize we would have so many bins and boxes. The bins actually turned out to be nice because now we can store things in my parents barn without fear of mice getting in them. shudder

Talking about the barn made me think of my parents chickens. Yes, they have chickens. Once upon a time, I would NOT have eaten a chicken egg from a chicken that I know. Much like how I didn't want to eat meat from a cow that lived next door, but that's beside the point. My parents were adamant that they would get chickens, and never have to buy eggs again. So they did. And guess what? They were the cutest little chickens, ever!


And I now have to admit that I eat their eggs. It took a few months for them to get big enough (now they're so big, they're almost scary) but now my parents get 4-5 eggs a day. So needless to say, our whole family will probably never buy eggs again. What's next? A cow? Ugh, no thank you. I'll continue to buy my milk, thanks. 

Back to moving though... I pulled all my Magic Attic dolls out, and my one American Girl doll, and then the other dolls that my parents got for me... it brought back a lot of fun memories. Along with the dolls, I had my beanie babies. Hahaha that was a funny phase of life. Either way, I have a garbage bag full of them, and it got me thinking. I'm SO excited to have kids. I want my girls to play with my dolls, and my barbies, my barbie house, and I want to see them love the things that I loved when I was little. I don't have much to pass on to boys... but that's okay. I've got a few random things they might appreciate. One thing that I am so grateful for is parents that showed me how to laugh, how to have fun, and how to love. They are such an amazing example to me. I've never met a more happy couple, and I really hope that my kids think the same thing about Justin and I. I hope that we have the kind of marriage that our kids strive for. That's one thing that we continually work for and pray for, but I feel like we're doing something right, because I've never been happier!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Excited to see the place! :)

Kateka said...

Yay for your own space! I am excited for you both. Stu wants to buy chickens...

Micah and Amanda said...

I'm excited for you Tracee. It's always nice to have your own place! Love you!