Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Review: The Book Thief


The Book Thief
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Now that I'm done crying, I feel that I can write a proper review.

This book was amazing.

It originally was REALLY hard to start. It's told from a very different perspective, in a very different way. At times it may be a little hard to follow, but it all comes together eventually.

To say the least, this was a touching story. About a young girl, and her life during WWII. It's an interesting story with new perspective on how you actually read. You grow to care for the characters and all their imperfections, which make them perfect to the reader. Assuming you have a heart.


I loved this book. Definitely need to get a copy for myself.

“A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.”

“I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.”



View all my reviews

3 comments:

Matt Chadwick said...

It doesn't involve an annex, a diary, and a group of Jews or something to that matter does it?

Unknown said...

Haha no. No it doesn't.

Ashlee said...

Started mine on Monday...can't wait to finish it so we can talk!!