Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Romantic that is my husband (when I beat it out of him)

So a few weeks ago, I had been telling Justin that he needs to do something romantic. That he needed to romanticize me. I was saying this because so much of his time has been occupied with school and work, and I was starting to feel a little pushed to the side. Granted, that's just me being a girl, but I am a girl, so whatev.

One Thursday night I went to Wal Mart and got us some treats, a bag of Cadbury eggs, some special drinks, and then maybe a movie? It's been so long that neither of us can remember. Well I'd set the stuff up on our bed, and just kind of had a fun night watching something awesome, I'm sure.

Well that night I jokingly told Justin "You have one day, or else." Really I said it in jest, quoting Michael Scott when he makes the video on the Watermark episode... but I guess Justin took me serious.

Friday we were planning on going to Mo' Bettah's for dinner because Justin loves Hawaiian food, and he asked me (via chat) what I was going to get, so I told him. Thinking nothing of it. Well when I left work, I had to run to my parent's house to get something (a movie, I'm sure) so I called Justin and asked him if he wanted to go with me, or if he wanted me to come get him and then we could run over there. He said he wanted to go, so I headed to our apartment. When I got there, I called him to say I was there, and to run down. Naturally, he didn't answer.

So I'm all in a huff that I have to run upstairs. When I got to the door, Justin opened it and told me to close my eyes. Me being who I am, get all annoyed (he said I had my 'pissed face' on) but I closed my eyes, and called him a weirdo over and over. He walked me into our apartment and sat me down on a chair, and then took my shoes and socks off (I was definitely calling him names at this point) but then he put my feet into a water massager, and told me to open my eyes.

He'd set up a candle lit dinner! He'd left work early and gotten the food, and it was all set up and waiting to be eaten. I was SO surprised. He'd even gone to Wal Mart and bought candles and little stands for them to be in... it was SO thoughtful.



The picture of the food is after I'd eaten my share, but just know, it looked FANTASTIC and tasted great.

I have the best husband ever.

2 comments:

Kateka said...

Freaking adorable. Even if somewhat forced, still SO dang cute.

Unknown said...

Ha ha! You're such an entertaining writer. I loved the Michael Scott reference because I totally know how he says that. Nicely done Justin. :)