Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Month 1

So we've been in our new apartment for a whole month now! (Plus some, if you want to get technical) So far, it's been a really fun experience for us. We've got super awesome neighbors downstairs that LOVE to bump their music.

There was one occasion that they decided to bump their music during general conference (and yes, they go to church, we've seen them there) but apparently they weren't watching it, because they were blaring music like "Baby It's Cold Outside" by She and Him. WTF, it's March! Justin wasn't there, but I kept texting him saying how angry I was, how I was going to lose my dang mind and all that... Well I finally stomped around a few times, to no avail. Big surprise, they couldn't hear me. Well, conference started, and I couldn't focus on the speaker! It's a little hard to feel the spirit when you're filled with hate, in case you were wondering. So I finally stood up and stomped as hard as I could, and the music was turned down instantly. I like to think they got the message.

We're up on the third floor, so we go up and down the stairs a few times a day, which is definitely good for us. Haha! One time as we were headed up the stairs, a stray cat took off running, and as we turned to go up the next flight, another cat flies off the stairs at us, and takes off. Obviously there's a bit of a cat infestation there.

We've come to realize that it's too hard to not go shopping every week. If we wait too long, we have too many groceries to take upstairs, but since there's no way we're going to make two trips, we overload ourselves with bags, and struggle up the stairs. Dang laziness.

We've had a few nights where we're freezing, and a few nights we sweat our faces off. It's really hard to keep it a nice temperature with heat from the people below us rising.

We've started watching How I Met Your Mother... and man alive, they're funny. I never was interested in the show, but now that we've actually gotten to know the characters, and understand the story, it's quite hilarious

Now we're headed into Month 2 of Legacy Springs Apartments. I'll let you know how it goes!

--I will be posting pictures of our place later, and also will post about my husband and his romanticness as soon as possible!--

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

Yes, yes, yes! Pictures, pictures, pictures! :)

Kateka said...

Agreed. Pictures. And I am excited to read about your hubs romanticness. I love me a good love story!

SHAY said...

I loooove HIMYM! I have all of the seasons :)