Monday, November 25, 2013

The Thankful Post

Seeing how November is the month you're supposed to be thankful for stuff, I figured I'd write a few down on the ol' blog.

These are in no specific order, mind you.

I'm thankful for...

#1 - An awesome house, in an awesome neighborhood. I'm so grateful to live in a house that fits my family perfectly, and is in a neighborhood with so many neat people. I've made a ton of new friends, and it's been really fun getting to know people! It's nice to live somewhere where we're accepted and even welcomed.

#2 - An understanding and loving husband. I am so lucky to be married to someone that makes me laugh every day. Someone who understands that when I say "You're such an idiot" I really just mean "I love you." He's an amazingly smart and talented guy, and an fantastic father. I love Justin.

#3 - My hilarious and sweet little boy. My little dude is the highlight of my day. I love making him laugh, and watching him learn new things. He's almost one, and while I feel like time has absolutely flown by, I almost cannot remember what life was like without him. Honestly, I don't want to. He has changed me in ways that no one else could, and I hope that he knows that I love him with all of my heart, and I always will!

#4 - A family that is so awesome. My brothers and sisters are all amazing. They are my best friends, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Honestly, how many people want to hang out with their family on a regular basis? We're hysterical, smart, and amazing... if we're any judge. But the same goes for all my in-laws. I have the most thoughtful and sweet in-laws that anyone could ask for. I hope to one day reach their level of awesome.

#5 - Technology. I can't lie, I'd be lost without my cell phone, the dumb thing. And Netflix and Hulu.

#6 - Books. I love reading. I always have, and it's safe to say I always will. My kindle has been one of the best purchases that I have ever made. While it doesn't replace the real thing, it has introduced me to so many different books that I otherwise would not have read. Love my Mmmm-BetterNot! (That's the name of my kindle, thanks Lor.)

#7 - The Gospel. This by far doesn't fall last on my list, in fact, it's probably first. Without the gospel I would be leading a very different life today. One that I know would not be happy. I love the Savior, and all that he's done for me. His love for me, and understanding of my feelings has been a huge help in my life. Knowing that I'm not alone in my trials is an amazing thing. Unfortunately for me, I don't voice this enough. I was going to say 'One day I hope to work up the courage to tell more people this"... but I realized that I shouldn't be waiting for 'one day'. I've learned recently that 'one day' might never come. There is no point in waiting for something to happen, and I know that. But back to the gospel... I am so grateful for it's influence in my life. For the person it helps me to be. For the Atonement, and the chance it gives me to start over. I'm grateful for prophets and apostles who guide me. In times when I'm lost or confused, they offer words of direction and encouragement. Words that I love to hear. I'm grateful for my Father in Heaven, who knows me and loves me.

There are so many things to be thankful for each and every day! I think it's something everyone could work on.
If you need some help, this cute girl has tons of ideas.


1 comment:

Eric walker said...

I just amazed while seeing your content!
Keep Posting like this stuff
Ramzdan Wishes
Regards,
Eric