Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Relief Society

Imagine that... I actually get to go! We're doing service, tying quilts and decorating boxes.
OH MY LAND. The boxes are for the hospital for when a child dies. They put the child's things in the box, and give it to the parents. How stinking sad is that?
I have to admit though, I'm really excited to go. I want to actually become a part of the ward, not just be a primary teacher. I'm pretty sure too, that 99% of the ward doesn't know us, so this is a good way to get to know people.
Last week at Bunco (yes, I went and played) I made a new friend. That was nice haha! Someone that is actually the same age as we are, but they're just a little more advanced in life than we are. But it's all good. They're really cool.
I've started babysitting for the summer, and I can already tell I'm going to need a lot of sunscreen and a lot of energy.

On the flip side, I'm making excellent progress in Lonesome Dove!

4 comments:

Mikell said...

Who are you babysitting??

Amy Oswald said...

Hello I am just commenting on how cute your blog is and now you will know mine!! Happy blogging!!! oswaldhome.blogspot.com

Lindsey said...

Good for you for going to RS. I agree, how sad. It's hard to even think about that.

Bunco is the best! I'm glad you made a friend. It was about time! (I'm totally kidding, I'm a Larson at heart you know.)

I did not know that you like Lonesome Dove. I love that series. We should take it to the cabin next time we go. It would sure beat Ghoulies! (Of course, anything would.)

Anonymous said...

Mikell - I'm babysitting some kids that went to the school that I work at. They're friends of the Sped Director, who is the lady that got me the job there.

Amy - Done and done!

Lindsey - Pfft... I have friends all over the place. But yes, I love Lonesome Dove! My dad is obsessed with the book and the series. So, I'm reading it and watching it as I go.