Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 4

The reason I'm alive.

I have NO idea. But I'm here for a reason.

When I was 8, we were in Lake Powell and our boat was tied up to the dock. We had the cover on our boat because it was April,which turned out to be windy and cold. Everyone was taking showers because it was too cold to jump into the water and get back out, so we had the shower running, which meant the boat was on. I remember laying down underneath, where my parents slept. They wanted to change, so they told me to go lay up on the bench. I got up, and told my mom that I was dizzy, but she told me to just go up and lay down. So I did, and that's all I remember. I guess my sister Lori was yelling at me because they wanted the towel that I was wrapped up in, and as she was yelling at me, she noticed that my eyes looked weird, and yelled for my dad. He immediately knew what was wrong. Carbon monoxide poisoning. He came running up, grabbed me, and ran out on the deck. As he came running out on the deck, a ranger came running out with a tank of oxygen. My dad gave me a blessing, and I woke up. I wasn't making sense though, because my mom was telling me that we were going to fly in a helicopter, and I was asking if we were going to fly like a bird... something like that. They drove my mom and I up a really steep hill to the helipad, and I was life flighted to the nearest hospital. I remember my doctor's outfit, and him pushing on my chest to get all the air out, and I remember being on oxygen... but other than that, I don't remember much.

There were too many circumstances that worked out in my benefit, that if they had been different, I'd either have serious brain damage, or I'd have died. Just things like my sister wanting the towel, my dad instantly knowing what it was, the ranger coming with oxygen... if these things hadn't of happened, I may not be here.

So on that note... I know there's a reason I'm still here. I just don't know what yet. =)

2 comments:

Kateka said...

Oh my goodness, that is so freaky! I am glad you are still here too. Isn't it amazing how in traumatic situations like that our mind has the ability to delete the memories from our mind?

Anonymous said...

The mind is a powerful thing. =) That's written in my notebook.