Tuesday, September 27, 2011

So I've recently been inspired. Inspired to do what you may ask... Well a few things. Mind you these are in no particular order.

So I've recently been inspired. Inspired to do what you may ask... Well a few things. Mind you these are in no particular order.

First- to make things. Easy things that never crossed my mind. Like a wreath. And a birthday board. Things that allow me to have a creative outlet. It feels good to have something come together, that comes from my hands. It may not be the most amazing thing, or the cutest thing, but it's mine. And that means a lot. Another thing that helps me relax, aside from coloring, is the action of writing. Not like stories from my mind, but quotes from other people. I have a journal that my sister gave me, and I've been filling it up for years. There's something about reading these beautiful and unique thoughts from people and then the motion of writing it out... I wish I still was in a calligraphy class. Sometimes you'll see my finger wagging around in the air, and that I because I'm writing something in the air. Usually what I'm saying, or what someone else is saying. So try not to judge.

Second- to drink more water. I have a friend that goes through a gallon a day. WHOA. I struggle getting half of a bottle down. So, now that I'm sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day, I think it might be a good idea to get some water in my system. Plus, it will be good practice for when I'm pregnant* and carrying around a giant mug. It seems like a good, healthy habit. Maybe I'll even throw in a lemon, who knows?
*I'm not pregnant.

Third- be grateful for what I have. I have a great apartment, a lot of awesome shoes, jackets, and clothes. I also have a husband that loves me. A family that loves me. A puppy that loves me. I have a job that provides for my husband and I, and offers me benefits. I've got a car. Justin has a car, a job, and he is extremely smart. So honestly, how lucky am I?

These are just a few of the things that have been particularly prominent in my life as of late. But definitely not the only things. But seeing things written out, I feel like I need to prioritize a little more. Just one of those things where I'm seeing where things stand in my life, and it helps me think, "oh hey. maybe there are more important things."

And why is it so easy to take a pill everyday to make ourselves healthier, or better, but when it comes to praying or reading scriptures, it just gets harder and harder? It's almost like someone doesn't want you to take those positive steps in your life. :/


Sent from my iPod

1 comment:

Kateka said...

WHAT! You have a friend who drinks ONE GALLON every single day!? Bananas! ;)

Love the last line. So freaking true.