Friday, September 9, 2011

New blogger

So I just changed to the new blogger interface, and man alive, it's how I would have done it myself. I'm SUPER glad that they finally updated. Granted, it's going to take time to figure out where everything is again, but I'll figure it out.

Moving on.

A couple of weeks ago, I had a few interviews. You may remember. One with Control4, one with The Ready Store, and then one with Stampin' Up! which all happened within a week of each other. What are the odds? All summer I don't hear anything, and then the week before my job at the elementary starts, I have 3. Say la vee. I'm fairly certain all three went well. It was kind of funny, because I knew someone on the inside at each job. I was getting updates from two of the jobs. The other job, it was more like "Oh, well if that's what they said, then usually the next step is hiring."

After praying and waiting and whatever else it took, I was offered a job at Control4. I was SO excited. More money, benefits, and a mostly woman free environment! I truly loved working at the elementary, but it will be nice not having to worry about all the women talking and talking and talking. And everything that goes in hand with that. So I accepted the job, and worked my last week at the elementary.

I'm going to miss my friends that I made at the school, I'm going to miss my little guy, and I will definitely miss the hours. But I guess this is all part of growing up... a full time job. I'm ready though. I start Monday at 9:00 AM. Then it's all downhill from there. =)

Luckily for Justin and I, we were able to get some trips out of the way before I started my new job. We went camping to the navel of Utah, Levan. It was pretty fun. My brother pulled his trailer up, and then  my other brother pulled the four wheelers down. We drove them around, and then the kids realized that they could drive them, so they drove in circles around the camp. We also had a minor mishap with our bacon. I bought turkey bacon, and we had it for breakfast on Saturday, but then come Sunday morning, when we cooked the rest of them up... they tasted like crispy nothing. Justin and I sat down, and started eating, and we're both looking at each other thinking "Uhhhmmmm, something is wrong here..." and then Justin realized that the bacon had soaked in our cooler water all night. It was in a bag that unfortunately got pushed to the bottom, and took in a bunch of water. So, there went our breakfast. Oh well.
We spent a few hours at Yuba Lake, which was my first time there. It really is a nice little lake. Not too busy. I took my dog, and the poor thing was beside himself with fear. Maybe because I dragged him into the lake with me, but who knows? But don't worry, he still loves me.

After camping, we headed to his parents cabin. As soon as we got there, I showered. And I was excited. We played some games, and watched some movies. It's always so relaxing at their cabin. We all walked down to the swings and some played horseshoes, some threw frisbees, and then there was swinging. Hahaha which reminded me of when Justin fell out of the swing when we were dating. HAHAHA! THAT was hilarious.

I finished The Help this week. Talk about a FANTASTIC book! I LOVED IT! I've heard that people don't like the ending but I'm not sure what they were expecting. The book isn't a love story, and I thought the ending suited it. Anyway, I can't wait until I go see the movie.

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

When you're ready to see the movie, let me know! Mike won't go see it because it's a "girl movie"... how appropriate that we both happen to be girls that love movies!! :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new job! Control4 is an awesome company, one of our clients worked there, and my boss just installed his new home with all of their products. I've just finished reading The Help as well and loved it! Can't wait to see the movie. Glad everything is going well for you guys!

Kateka said...

Holy cow, I thought I commented on this post already! Such a slacker. ANYWAY, I love working with you again. Too bad we don't like work together work together, you know?