Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The post with all the pictures

Yes my friends, there are going to be A LOT of pictures in this post. First of all, there will be pictures of our house. Then of my baby boy. Then of my craftiness. I'm very proud of all three, in case you were wondering.

Here is the house. Please don't judge me... it's very messy. I did some master art in paint, to show the layout. Enjoy. (I didn't take pictures of the upstairs, because that was REALLY messy)



This is the kitchen (above) and the back door and table (below)

This is the hallway that leads into the family room (above) and the family room (below)

My dog was staring at my intently. So it's so messy because I'm still adjusting to being insanely tired, trying to get settled and unpacked, and figure out where everything goes. The picture on the wall that's in the window frame, that was the first thing that we hung, and we've been here two months. Sigh.


That picture was one of my crafts that I did. My friend took our pictures when I was like 7 months pregnant, and that was one of my favorites. You can't even tell that I'm pregnant. Haha. But my sister in law had given me a window frame with scrapbook paper in the panes, so I just took those out. I got the biggest size Whitney could print, and just trimmed the top and bottom a little. I think it turned out really neat!

Then one day with my sisters, we all made these letters that hang on our front doors. I think it turned out cute. But I think I'm going to cut the ribbon shorter, and add pink rick-rack to the bow. It just looks sad from the road, so hopefully that will add a little more color and life to it.


I LOVE THIS. That's Keith's hand and feet. This was not easy... The canvas is gray because I messed up the first time. They're not perfect prints, but hey... you can tell what they are! So, it spells out LOVE. Cute, huh?!


This is my bag of cute clothes from SexyModest Boutique. I highly recommend it. And yes, that's a pink fuzzy hat on the top. It was $3. I couldn't resist.


These are another craft my sisters and I did one night. We had no idea what we were doing... but they turned out cute! There used to be candy in all of them... sigh. But Like I said, we still haven't hung everything in our house (hence the WTFork picture propped against the wall). But we got these from The Wood Connection and had a lot of fun doing them. My brother in law actually ended up gluing them all, since he's a perfectionist, we thought he was perfect for the job.

AAAAANNNNNDDDDDD Last week I made drapes! The ruffle kind! I feel SO accomplished. It was an idea that I found online (after seeing the ones on the dressing room doors in SexyModest, I wanted some in my room) and then an pin that I saw on pinterest. I feel quite good about how they turned out. I'll post the pictures in a minute, because they're on my phone... and it's kind of hard to get pictures from my phone on to the computer... so they'll have a post all to themselves!

GO ME!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Go crafty you, GO! I love that picture in the window/frame. And I love that you love it. It makes me feel like I'm doing something right. Ha!

Whitney said...

I also LOVE that love canvas. I might have to copy you - that would be been a perfect Valentine's craft if I would have been paying attention.