Friday, March 1, 2013

Meal #1

Last night I made Breakfast Enchiladas. I found the recipe here

They turned out really good. The only thing that didn't really work out was the time. We had to cook it a little longer because they were still gooey and runny. But it's so nice because you can make it however you want it. It's just a breakfast burrito. So I had green peppers, ham, and cheese. Justin had all the same things, but added onions to his half. Yuck. But think of all the things you could add! Salsa, tomatoes, peppers, onions, cheese, sausage, bacon... the possibilities are endless.

So night one went well, and we got all the shopping done. The thing that I like about the meal planning sheets  is that there are only four days worth on it. The lady that made them said that they will eat leftovers, and also occasionally have a night out. So you don't overfill your fridge with Tupperware that you never eat again. And cooking for two usually yields plenty of leftovers.

There is a space to write what you're having for dinner, then below you write down the ingredients that you need, and then underneath that there is a space for additional shopping items. I wrote it a little differently. I did the name of the recipe, and then the ingredients underneath. At the bottom of that list I wrote the time it took to cook, so that way I could pick what to eat on a day that it would work. So if I remembered to do a slow cooker, I could choose... you get it. But At the bottom in the 'additional items' list, I wrote the food we'd need, along with other things, ie shampoo, body wash, lotion, etc.

I feel like I just rambled on a whole lot...

Anyway. Meal one, check!


No comments: