Tuesday, January 18, 2011

25 years old. THAT'S A QUARTER OF A CENTURY!


So, I'm 25. My grandpa let me know that I'm officially a quarter of a century old.

But first, New Years pictures!--





This is a true story. -10 on the drive home!

So we went to my parents house and had donuts and hot chocolate. It was delicious! My mom got me some maple bars which are my favorite. We all just kind of hung out and talked, like we usually do. It was a lot of fun.





This was all done on Monday. My birthday wasn't actually until that Friday, but schedules are hard to work around. On Friday I went to work, and got gifts from most of the ladies that I work with, which was extremely thoughtful of them. I also got a gift from the little boy that I work with. I went into his room, and he came up to me and said, "Go back out! It's a surprise!" and he pushed me out the door. =) He later came into my room with a card and a gift card to Barnes and Noble. It was really nice. Justin had given me gifts throughout the day, which was very cute. I woke up to a card that had a $20 gift card to Taco Bell (7 Layer burritos get me every time), and then when I went to leave for work, there was a nice water bottle waiting on top of my car. I left work about 30 minutes early, and got home and watched some TV. When Justin got home, he gave me my last presents! He got me a brown bed spread, and some drawers to put on my shelves. I was very excited! After I got those opened, Justin and I went to DSW and I bought some shoes! OH HOW I LOVE SHOES! I got these...

Which I'm really happy about. After we went shoe shopping, we went to dinner at La Frontera. I am really starting to like that place. We went there with Mikell and Trent on New Years, and I ate my whole plate =). After dinner, we went and saw Black Swan (which is CRAAAAZY) and then came home and watched a little ghost adventures. It was a good birthday!

Saturday Justin and I went to lunch with my parents, and found out that my grandpa was in the hospital. He passed out after he ate dinner Friday night. Just tipped over at the table. But they took him to the hospital (because there were no warning signs, they said to take him in) and they ran some tests, and come to find out he has an artery that's clogged, but it's too close to the heart for them to put a stint in... so they're doing open heart surgery on Wednesday. Our family is doing a fast for him, and I can't lie. I hope it works. My grandpa has been an institute teacher for something like 15 years now, and he's amazing! I've had a lot of friends that have come with me, or just been in his class out of chance, and they all say he's just like a prophet =) He has an eloquent way of speaking, and the way that he moves his hands... he's just really awesome. I'l update as soon as I hear more about that.




1 comment:

Kateka said...

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Secondly, those shoes are so cute. Third, Ghost adventures!! Hahaha. I watch that show just to make fun of the lead dude. He is so ridiculous and funny (I swear it's always a "disembodied voice..."). Finally, good luck with your grandpa. Sending prayers and good thoughts your way!