Wednesday, January 26, 2011

And the meals continue

So we had a few days off of the meals because we fasted for grandpa, we had the Peterson family birthday dinner, and we don't cook on the weekends =)

But here are some of the meals that we've done thus far, and my personal ratings on each (since I don't know how to do stars, I'll do asterisks. 1-Bad 5-Amazing)
Pepperoni Loaf * * *
Apple Baked French Toast* * * * *
BBQ Chicken Baked Potatoes* * * *
Baked Ziti* * * * *
White Bean Chili* * * * *

The pepperoni loaf, like I said, it was a-spicey! I liked it, but when we make it next time, we'll try some different spices. Maybe that will help. And maybe not pepperoni... we'll try canadian bacon.

Apple Baked French Toast-- Oh my goodness! I love breakfast for dinner, and this was almost like a dessert it was so good. Instead of dipping the bread like normal french toast, you soak it in eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and a pinch of salt overnight! You don't cook the apples either, so they're not gross and squishy. I loved this one.

BBQ Chicken Baked Potatoes - These were good, I definitely liked them, but I wanted more toppings. Instead of using sour cream we use Greek plain yogurt... it's a change that's for sure.

Baked Ziti. Aside from the fact that I forgot the meat in the microwave, then had to pour everything back out and mix the meat in.... it was really good. It was originally supposed to be layered and pretty........ oh well.

White Bean Chili- I looooooved this one. It was SO good. I normally don't dig stuff like that... but this one was fantastic! I didn't add ALL of the ingredients... like zucchini.... but it was awesome still. I also left the onions in HUGE chunks so I could pick them out later. (I'm a picky eater.)

The rest of the week we have Sliced BBQ Pork Roast, Baked Tacos, Smokey BBQ Sandwiches. I'm exciiiited!





No comments: