Friday, January 21, 2011

Grandpa is doing good!

So my grandpa left the ICU yesterday at about 4:00 pm, and he's awake, talking, and doing good! Thank you all for your prayers, and happy thoughts.

As a family, we fasted from 4:00 Tuesday and were supposed to go until he either got out, or 4:00 Wednesday. Whichever you felt you should do. I was trying for the 4:00, so a full day, I lasted until about 1:30 (which his surgery was over by then) because I went on a tour of the new fire station across the street from the school...and there were cookies... and I totally forgot. I snatched one up, shoved it down my throat, and then it hit me. I WAS FASTING! So I quickly told Heavenly Father that it was an accident, and I wouldn't ever do that again. Lesson learned.

All joking aside, I'm extremely grateful for the gospel, and the power of prayer, blessings, and fasting. I'm not saying that fasting healed him, but it probably had a hand in how the big man upstairs pushed the situation. I'm grateful for my family as well. I'm just extremely grateful this week! =)

2 comments:

Micah and Amanda said...

That's awesome Tracee. I hope he continues to heal quickly. My grandpa was also in the hospital about a month ago. He had MRSA and it got really scary for a while there. Love you.

Kateka said...

Oh that is so great! I am happy that things are looking up for your grandpa! Wahoo!!

What a small world! You are practically famous since your brother's friend (did I get that right? I can't remember) is the ex of that crazy chick. You'll have to tell me if you get any (more) dirt about her. :)