Tuesday, June 28, 2011

3 Weeks Down

So, as much as I love summer... it starts to wear on me. I get so bored! I try to entertain myself. I've covered lamps, I started a wreath, I have a quilt in progress, I've got a pile of books to read.... but sometimes I just want to get paid. I didn't find a job for the summer, so I kind of stopped looking. I've got my job at the school waiting, and get this, I'm going to be the PE teacher. Hhahahahahahaha. So weird. I'm really excited though. Maybe it will help me lose more weight. I'm thinking I should start running or something, because pretty sure I will have to run a mile with the kids. And how embarrassing would it be if I killed over while doing it? So yeah.

Anyway. I'm just chugging along. Peeling my shoulders away. I'm not sure if there will be anything left by the time I'm done with them. That sunburn was a lot worse than what I thought. Justin said 'ew' to my shoulder when he saw it. Such a sweetie face.

But back to summer. I read 3 books in about 5 days (The Hunger Games) and then I read a couple of Mary Higgins Clark books, and like I said, I covered a lamp. My sister started to help me cut the pieces to the quilt, which by the way is harder than it sounds. I started to cut my first rectangle, and had the ruler thing held down, started to roll the cutter, then it all moved. I yelled, Christy started laughing, and I was done.

AND THERE IS A LITTLE BLACK FLY THAT KEEPS FLYING AROUND MY HEAD AND I COULD LOSE IT AT ANY MOMENT!

In other news, I've fallen in love with Criminal Minds. And kind of Without A Trace. Essentially, Ion Television is the greatest. I watch it all the time. My boss always jokes about how I should have gone into criminology or something like that, because this stuff fascinates me. I read Ted Bundy's story, The Stranger Beside Me. It's his story from the point of view of his friend. Ann Rule worked with him at a suicide prevention hot line. She knew him before everything with him started... Just the workings of the mind intrigues me. How someone can snap like that, and still carry on in their life, as a normal person. I think that's why Criminal Minds has caught my eye. They go into detail about the type of person, and all the different details about them. I don't know how much of it is true, but it sure caught me.

Well, if anyone has an idea as to what else I could do with my summer, I'm open to suggestions. =)

2 comments:

Pablo, Syd and Charlotte said...

I have an idea! Come hang out with me and we can chat about the hunger games. It's awesome that you're teaching PE, I bet that you'll really love it.

Anonymous said...

THAT is a great idea! We definitely need to get together. It's been a while!