Thursday, June 30, 2011

I wish I could be a kid again!

I just found the COOLEST website. It's all about crafts for kids, making things out of cardboard... which is something I did all the time as a child.

In fact... One time when I was about 10 years old, being the money hungry child that I was, I had an idea. One of my parents had just gotten something that came in a HUGE box. One big enough that I could get in. So what did I do? I poked a hole in it that was about my eye level (while on my knees) and then made a little slot with a bag on the inside to catch the money that was put through the slot. What was the money for you ask? Oh, well I'd made myself into "The All-Seeing Eye" which was what the hole was for. I'd put my eye up to it, and when someone put money in the slot, they could ask me one question. It worked much like an 8-ball. I had to put notes on the box like "Don't stick your finger into the hole" and what not. My dad thought it was the funniest thing he'd ever seen. We have a picture of me in the box, and him kneeling down by it. I'm a little embarrassed by this story... so we'll leave the picture out.

Back to the website... they do things like this! Talk about cute! A big mailbox in the living room, and then individual mailboxes on each door... I wish I'd known about that like 15 years ago, because I'd be all over that. But think about it, how cute would it be to have a family home evening or a Super Saturday with your family, and you all put together the big mail box, then make your own little ones, and decorate them all. Then, you write nice letters! Write why you love them, something that they do that's helpful... I mean, it's even a good idea to do with your husband. It's always nice to have a little reminder, no matter how cheesy.

Needless to say, I'm more excited than ever to have a family. I just hope that I remember these awesome things! Maybe.... I think I might start a binder of things to do with kids when I actually have them... I mean... who knows? We might not have internet by the time I have kids. We might have a chip in our heads that just feeds us information... You never know.

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

Tracee,

All these cool things that you're finding you could put into effect NOW. You should sign up for Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Utah! If you had your own "little" you could practice your artsy craftsy stuff NOW so that you'll know what works and what doesn't, and which are really worth the effort for when YOU have kids ;)

Ash and Shane said...

Tracee you crack me up!!! I want to see that picture! Oh & feel free to practice on our kids!!!

Unknown said...

CA-YOOT Tracee! We're going to have to make a lot of fun stuff when have tiny ones running around :)