Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sun Burn


Ah man. I got a killer sunburn at Cowabunga Bay yesterday. BUT MAN ALIVE IT WAS FUN! It's freaking expensive to get in, even with $6 off, but it was totally worth it. My front side is burned, but that's all. The chairs don't lay back. And grass is limited. But the slides were pretty great, the lazy river was also pretty great. Here are the slides, and what they all look like. It's such a fun place, and it was actually really eye opening.

My sister and I were talking about the different body types that were there, and how most people don't care what they look like. They're just there to have fun and get some sun. In my family, I'm pretty sure I was the only one who wore a tankini that showed my tummy. My sisters were always in the one pieces or tankinis with shorts that show nothing. We were talking about how it was either because of our morals, or our lack of confidence or what. But we've just been the kind of people that hide our goodies. I don't know.

June 16th was my anniversary with my hubbestie. Two years. It feels like it's been forever, but in a good way. I basically can't remember a time with him not there. It's too hard to imagine. I'm totally okay with that. We celebrated by going to Park City and stayed at a nice place that we got a steal off of groupon. The next day we went to the outlet stores and purchased some things there. Then we went back home and napped for a couple of hours. The next morning we went to the Dugway geode fields. We spent a couple of hours in the wrong spot, but we figured it out and started to dig in the right spot. We didn't find anything, but also didn't know what we were doing. It was still a lot of fun, and we're definitely going to go back. I love that Justin and I have the same interests. That we want to do the same things. And most importantly, that we have FUN. No matter what situation we're in, for the most part, we can laugh and enjoy each other. Granted, there are times when I get a little hangry (hungry=angry, thanks Justin), but we still love each other. Happy Anniversary Justin!

And then, in honor of Father's Day, I wanted to tell a funny story or two about my dad =)
#1
So when I lived at home, my room was in the basement. There was one night that we'd all gone to bed, and all the lights were turned off. I was hanging out downstairs and decided that I needed a drink of water. I didn't turn on any lights because I didn't want to disturb my parents... so I started to feel around trying to find the couch and table so I didn't hurt myself. I found the first couch, and then the table, I just had to find the second couch. I was reaching my hand out to feel for the couch when I touch someones shoulder. Well.... if you know my dad at all, he's easily startled. SO. He screams, I screamed, he screamed, I screamed, and ran into my mom's room, who while all this is happening, she's yelling "what's going on in there?!" -SIGH- I'd interrupted my dad while he was praying. hahahaha
#2
My dad is deathly afraid of spiders, and he also has this morning ritual where he goes into his bathroom and grabs the mug by his sink, rinses it out, and then fills it up and takes a drink. He normally does this before he has his glasses on. So my mom thought it would be funny to put a fake spider in his cup. It was a bell that had legs poking out of it, that kind of rolled around. The next morning, my dad got up and started his ritual. Filled the cup up and then poured it out. Well, the fake spider was rolling around the sink... and my dad started to yell up a storm. I'm sure there were a few cuss words in there, but he was yelling loud enough that my brother heard him from the other end of the house, and came running. Meanwhile, my mom is in bed laughing her head off.

I love my family.




No comments: