Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Oh, and by the way...

It's getting crafty up in this hizzle. My friend posted about a wreath that she just did, and I loved it. It's a bean wreath! How cute is that? Well, since it's the summer of awesomeness, I'm going to start making things for our basement/home. On my list so far is this....


  • Quilt- easy peasy one, because this is my first time

  • Covering lamp shades- I bought the lamps from my friend, and just need to cover them with something that matches our decor

  • A bean wreath- it was so freaking cute, I need one of my own

  • Staining or painting my coffee table

  • Whatever else tickles my fancy

I'm really excited. I have all the fabric for the quilt, and I'll start cutting it soon. I'm going to post pictures of the fabric so you can see the cuteness it radiates, and I'll post some before pictures of the lamps. But, seeing how I'm coming up on my 2 year anniversary, I was thinking that it's time for me to start being able to do things on my own. Being able to make my house look like a home. Not that doing these things are the only way to make a home... I just don't have the money or the room for the things that I want. So, I'm going to improvise and use what I have. Maybe get a few things on the side. But along with the crafty side of growing up, there is the side of cooking, like with a crock pot. Gotta learn some different recipes for that, because Justin and I will get sick of barbecued pork loin pretty quick. We went to the store the other day and stocked up on meat. Steak, pork loin, and hamburger. So, needless to say, I need some ideas. I googled a little bit today, but was really only half-assing it, because I wasn't feeling my A-Game today. Anyway... I still do my e-mealz but Justin and I suck at going to the store, and suck even worse at printing the menus off each week. We've been a member since January, and we have 10 menus printed off. Oops. Just a quick update on those, because I know some of you might care =)



  • There are different menus to pick from, like fat-free, gluten free, portion control,vegetarian, low-carb, etc.

  • There is a meal for each weeknight, so Monday-Friday. Along with the menu, you get a shopping list.

  • You can choose a specific store you'd like to shop at, like WalMart, Kruger, etc.

  • Some of the meals we've had are Pasta e Fagioli, White Bean Chili,Creamy Chicken Broccoli Bake, 3 Cheese Manicotti, Baked Spaghetti Pie, Winter Veggie Pasta Toss, Taco Cornbread Bake, Black Bean Soup, Spicy Shrimp, Huevos (hahahahaha huevos...) Rancheros.

We've made most of those things, but not all of them. The ones I listed are from each different menu. Most are really easy, like under 30 minutes. They use basic spices, basic ingredients, and so on. I've really liked making the meals, it's just a matter of staying faithful to them. Which we struggle with.



Golly. I was thinking this would just be a short, easy post... and man, did that turn out differently than what I was expecting. Heh.

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

Trace - I'm glad you and I are on the same page! I started recovering a couple lampshades last night. I will let you know how it goes. Since we're both feeling so crafty, we should have a super-awesome mega crafting day!! (We MUST be getting old, if sitting around recovering lampshades sounds fun to us)
Seriously though...call me if you're into it! I've got spray paint, hot glue gun, paints and brushes, and have started experimenting with glazing. I would LOVE a crafting buddy!!