Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Okay okay.


So, after much deliberation, I decided to add the picture of the 'All Seeing Eye' to allow you to see the creativity that oozed from within my soul.

Yes. This is me. One of my shameless ideas to make money. My dad thought that it was the funniest thing he had ever seen. Why was I not out playing like most kids? I don't know. I had a box, and I used it. Now that I've found the website mentioned in the previous post, I'm sad I never thought of doing those things. 

Moving on.
This past week my mom and I went to St George. My parents own a condo there, and they decided to rent it out. So everything had to be taken out, and cleaned. We were buuusssyyyyy. When we got down there, the temperature inside of the condo was 89 DEGREES! And the carpets had just been cleaned, so it was muggy. I turned the air on STAT. Gradually, the condo got down to about 74. It felt GREAT. My mom and I got there Tuesday night, and we cleaned Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. We took a load of things my mom didn't want to the D.I. and we moved what we could into the main room so it would be easier for my dad and brother to load when they got there. Jess and my dad arrived Thursday night in a big moving truck. Then on Friday, it was my cousin's wedding. My parents went to the temple that morning, and Jess and I hung out watching TV. When my mom and dad got back, my mom and I went to the luncheon, and Jess and my dad started loading all the furniture into the truck. Later that day, Christy and Adam and their kids met us at Breck's reception. I'm so happy for my cousin! He met a BEAUTIFUL girl. I hope they're really happy. They deserve it!

After the reception, my mom decided to take us all on this little hike to see petroglyphs, or hieroglyphs... whatever they're called. As we're walking along, we're all looking at this ginormous dark cloud heading our way that looked QUITE foreboding. So we kind of picked up the pace. When we got to the carvings, it was sprinkling a little bit, and then lightening, so we decided to head back. On the way back, the lightening was getting worse. Christy and Adam and their kids ran ahead, and Jess and I had our cameras taking videos because it was CRAAAZY. We were just kind of strolling along, and then BAM! Lightening hit behind us, and we all started running. It was a ways away, but close enough that we took off. When we got to the cars, we got in, and about 60 seconds later, it started to POUR. Big huge drops. It was a lot of fun just sitting there and watching it. 
This is a video of all the lightening we were running through
The pretty sunset before the storm

 This is the dark cloud heading our way

 Hiking around in the dark








This was when we got into the car. Jess and I.

 My family in the garage


 The family with me

 Madi was taking pictures


We headed home, and were just hanging out in the garage. Watching the rain. It was really coming down! Ciera Madi and I ran down to my grandparents condo to see what they thought, and then we ran back so we were soaking. In the garage, we have a ball hanging from the ceiling to show how far you can pull in. Well.... my family being my family... we made a game of it. The game was called "Don't Flinch" and what you do is measure how close the ball is, and then throw it around the circle and you can't move. Hahahaha I don't know. Then Adam threw a curve ball, and told us all to take a step to the right without measuring, and then we threw it... pretty sure that every time my dad took a ball to the face. All in all, it was a really fun week. We only went swimming a couple of times. 

 After we'd run around in the rain

Hahahaha this is our game!

 Pre-dadgettinghitintheface shot

 Jess not flinching

 Madi still taking pictures



1 comment:

Ashlee said...

Good stuff, Trace! Good stuff.